A Shared Vision to Hold Your Eyesight as Precious as You Do.
Nothing is as precious as your eye sight.
Eye surgery, also known as ocular surgery, is surgery performed on the eye or its adnexa by an ophthalmologist. Your eye sight is important to us. The eye is a fragile organ, and requires extreme care before, during, and after a surgical procedure. An expert eye surgeon is responsible for selecting the appropriate surgical procedure for the patient, and for taking the necessary safety precautions.
Ophthalmology includes subspecialties which deal either with certain diseases or diseases of certain parts of the eye. Some of these include:
- Anterior segment surgery
- Cornea, ocular surface, and external disease
- Medical retina, deals with treatment of retinal problems through non-surgical means.
- Vitreo-retinal surgery, deals with surgical management of retinal and posterior segment diseases and disorders. Medical retina and vitreo-retinal surgery sometimes together called posterior segment subspecialisation, whereas management and research of the vitreous exclusively is sometimes referred to as vitreology
- Ocular oncology
- Oculoplastics and orbit surgery
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Pediatric ophthalmology/strabismus (misalignment of the eyes)
- Refractive surgery